Pardot Integration Mini-Series #4: Update Pardot Integration after Implementing Custom Salesforce “My Domain” Feature
So you’ve implemented the My Domain feature in Salesforce? If so, you might consider taking a few precautionary steps in Pardot to ensure your Salesforce-Pardot integration keeps running smoothly. Here are the steps below to follow in Pardot:
- Navigate to your Salesforce connector in Pardot by going to Admin, Connectors. Then click the gear icon on the right, and click ‘Edit’.
- Now, click the blue ‘Change connector user’. A pop up should open.
- In the newly opened pop up select ‘Use custom domain’ in the lower right hand corner.
- Then you will be directed to enter your custom domain. This should just be the custom domain. You do not need to enter the my.salesforce.com. Then click continue.
- You will then be re-directed to your custom login page with your custom domain. Enter your username and password.
- After closing the pop-up you should see the ‘Customize Connector Page’ that you had previously navigated to. Ensure your settings are correct and that the connector settings have not reverted back to the default settings. Click the blue ‘save connector’ button.
- That’s it! There is no way to verify that your connector user is now using the custom domain, but it should continue to run smoothly and help avoid any interruption! Ensure the connector still says ‘verified’ on the connector page. This updated section should now show the recent date and time that you updated it.