How I run a Project as a Pardot Consultant
1. Start with the End in Mind: Set Specific, Measurable Goals
Setting specific, measurable goals enables us to measure the success of the project. Instead of focusing on statement of work initially, I instead sit down with the client to agree upon desired outcomes together.
Some of my clients’ goals in the past included:
- Double the number of visitors to our website from 2,500 to 5,000 per month.
- Increase the number of conversions rate on our landing pages from 3% to 5% of visitors.
- Increase the click-through rate of email sends from .5% to 1.5%
- Achieve positive ROI on paid Google Adwords pilot campaign
2. Draw a Map to Get To Our Destination (Business Process Mapping)
Where some companies take a technology-centered approach I start with business process centered approach. Often, companies don’t know what their business process should be. In these case, I happily provide my recommendations based on my past experience as a successful revenue-focused marketer with high-growth companies. At the end of this step business processes are formalized in a business process map, which is great to refer back to for training and as questions arise.
3. Executing on the Plan: Building Technology & Daily Habits through Training
Next, I build the solution architecture and present the proposed solutions in a solutions design document to review with the client. In this step, I present different solutions possible in Pardot that will support our business process defined in step 2 and that will achieve our goals defined in step 1. Based on the technology architecture there could be more than one way to architect something. I will explain your different options and how that will affect your long term marketing roadmap with Pardot. I will then make a recommendation.
Once the client makes a final decision on the solutions architecture I proceed to build the solution, with check-in points along the way. Then I will train the client team on the solution and technology so we can continue to improve and evolve to achieve further success.